OutpostHD is a remake of OUTPOST by Sierra On-line from 1994. It's not a clone of OUTPOST -- it's an entirely new game inspired by OUTPOST's core mechanics while providing a more complete and satisfying experience than the original ever could.
The core of the project is to provide a fun OUTPOST game that has all of the advertised features and provides better feedback for things like resource lines, mining/factory/laboratory reports and colonist opinion/morale.
- Develop a new, modern code base that can be built and run on multiple platforms including Windows, macOS X and Linux.
- Implement the core gameplay mechanics from OUTPOST
- Provide a modern interface from which the user can get better feedback from their Colony.
- Add the option to build new colonies on different site maps of the same planet.
- Develop new visuals to replace the old graphics using modern rendering procedures and alpha transparency (something impossible at the time the original game was built).
- Add additional planet and star types.
- Implement a multiplayer mode where other users can establish colonies on the same planet or different planets/moons within the same star system.